Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 10: Promise Me

"I need you to be happy...I need you to follow your dreams. Promise me." -- Keiko Sanders, On Writing

This is what Keiko's grandmother told her on her death bed. Sad as that moment must have been, this message should resonate with all of us.

What is stopping us from following our dreams? Why are we waiting to be happy?
Life is way too short and uncertain to wait on anything.

Writing has been something I've always said I was going to do, but never did.

This blog is just me dipping my toe in the pool. There is so much more to do, I'm just waiting to fully jump in. I need to promise myself that I will keep going, that I will use the blog as the start of something bigger and deeper.

Maybe writing is not what you've been waiting to do -- but we all have something we have been putting off.

What will you promise to do, to explore, to become?

Share here -- and let's use the blog as a support for our promises.


No comments:

Post a Comment