Thursday, January 24, 2013

Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way. - Ray Bradbury

There must be some truth to the idea (I hate to call it a fact) that I am ADHD, heavy on the H.
My husband says so, my mom says so, but no doctor has confirmed this. Fact is, there is no point of being diagnosed. I just call it an active mind and an ability to multi-task.

Maybe that's why I want to be a writer. That way, all of the ideas swirling in my head could find their way out.

My intuition is telling me that there is quite a bit that I want to write about, maybe even things that I should write about as a form of therapy or catharsis or closure.

Fact is, I just need to calm my mind, make a list of topics , and let my intuition, my inner voice, do the rest.

Here's a few topics I've been considering (other than the bros, hos and who knows idea with Vince):

1) infertility -- the funny side and the painful one
2) being a "child free" 40 year old women and my take on the world
3) fashion/makeovers
4) the idea of "locals" and how they are going away -- inspired by growing up in Point Loma and being known as Steve Goebel's daughter
5) a book called "If I said what I really thought, I'd have no friends" -- self explanatory
6) a collection of short stories about running errands

Anyone else have other good ideas?

These are what my intuition tells me to write about -- I just need to find a sugar daddy to support me so I can do it full time.

What do you want to write about? Share here.....

4 comments:

  1. 1. A zine for girls on healthy body image: body love and self love. (Acceptance and tolerance isn't enough.)

    2. A semi-autobiographical novel on my dating experiences (I have a high tolerance for crazy, so I've met some interesting people...)

    3. Children's books with focus on diversity.

    4. Publish excerpts from the journals I've written in since the age of 6.

    5. Gathering stories of spiritual awakenings, enlightening experiences

    6. Young people and social movements such as Occupy and SlutWalk



    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Design and crafts (which I already do on my blog)

    2. Demystify all the diet and food philosophies; even I'm still trying to figure out which ones have merit

    3. A review of French macarons

    4. Curating a wardrobe instead of falling for everything new and trendy

    5. One-size-fits-all medicine and its limitations

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Wine and all its wonders.

    2. being bitchslapped by life and still coming out OK.

    3. all the weird, funny things that happen while living in Los Angeles

    4. a childern's book that rhymes "Aquaphor" with "boo boo no more".

    5. my experience of finally learning (after 20+ years) that I can't control everything and that its OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post really touched me as I can relate to so much of it from the other side. I am a doctor certified, card carrying member of the ADD crowd. It is just as much a part of me as my seasonal hay fever and lactose intolerance. I've learned management skills and because I have struggled I am more empathetic which I wouldn't trade for anything.

    So what would I write about -

    1. Life in Wonderland - How Severe Autism Changed Our Family

    2. Caring - I feel this will be a blog post or maybe even a blog but I have long felt that we need to build community and support each other more. We are all caring for someone or multiple someone's and sometimes the best help you can give to another is just being there.

    3. Rode Hard and Put Away Wet - Childbirth and Child Loss. Some funny and some not so much but I feel necessary because women get so pressured about having babies and then you get pressured to stop having babies if you have too many. It makes a part of your life where you could use the most support the place where you get the least.

    4. A "Little Engine That Could" book for adults. I think we get so busy living and the responsibilities and expectations weigh so heavily on us that we forget each day you can change your life by doing small tweaks daily over a long period of time. Perseverance and commitment pay off.


    ReplyDelete