Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Don't lose steam today!

Today's writing challenge had our suggested prompt, a quote and a daily message. The daily message was: "Don't lose steam today.  Affirm:  Today I will write no matter what happens.  Today I am a writer."

                                  All I read was Don't Lose Steam Today!  

Then the daily message continued on to ask questions geared toward helping us fine tune who we are as writers.  I'd like to read this message as fine tuning myself. The following tips & questions are there for us... to help us make ourselves better. To dare to push out of our rut, or not get into one for that matter.  

As I have dared to begin writing again, I have found that I am reflecting on myself and emotions in each daily writing. That tells me, it's time to bulldoze through these walls that have popped up in the past months.   Even as I browsed through my pile of empty journals, I picked the tiny one that had the word believe scrawled on the front. I think I am noticing a theme. 

It's time for a: G.U.T. Check 
 
Good Care of your body
Up the commitment
Tune out Inner Critic


The G.U.T check was a suggestion today to check ourselves as writers.  Let's take that further into our own personal lives. I think it's the perfect time to check ourselves, before we wreck ourselves. Anyone remember that catchy tune? 


Am I taking good care of my body? 
      I like to take good care of my body, lately I haven't made the time for it.  Injury free and recovered from a recent car accident, I can get back to a little exercise routine.  My life doesn't feel normal without my mental and physical strength builder.  
                                             How are you taking care of your body?

Am I eating healthy foods and getting enough sleep?       
      Yes! I absolutely love fresh, nutrient rich foods. Even with my lack of exercise motivation, I am still filling my body with a lot of sleep and good fuel 
What routines do you put in place to make sure you are establishing healthy habits?           
      
Where am I at with commitment to writing?       
     Funny, I have fallen off my personal blog wagon too. But it's coming back with time. I needed a moment for my train to derail before I could get back on track. This challenge is a good way to get me back into something I truly love.   Even weirder...my love of writing came from Margaret, Miss Madge, when she was my high school Creative Writing teacher. Interesting how things come full circle, eh?             
            Are any other of our readers reflecting occasinally through writing?                                 

How loud is my inner critic? 
      I think my inner critic found my old high school cheerleading megaphone and is shouting in my ear every moment. Where did this come from?  Criticism soap box, go away!  Time to say "bye-bye" and pass the megaphone back to my ol' pal, Miss Pocket Full of Sunshine. 
How often do you find yourself saying a personal compliment?  
 Try and do it two more times each day.

From now on....  Full steam ahead!    With a few occasional pit stops to pick up the things that make me smile, getting off to stretch my legs and taking that train one station at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment