Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Gusher

My husband and I had a really great conversation last night about our communication styles.
Even after 10 years of very happy marriage, there are still ways that we can get better and love each other more. 

Knowing my hubby like I do (analytical, logical, rational), I brought up the topic on Sunday night and asked him to think about ways we can improve our communication.  True to form, he came home last night ready to talk.

Matt -- (in a totally mature, non threatening way)
"I know what you want me to do, communicate like you!"
Me -- "What do you mean?"
Matt -- "You're a gusher!"
Me -- "A gusher?"
Matt -- "Have you ever heard yourself talk on the phone?"
(imitating me in a girl voice) "OMG, So excited, I love that! Yeah!" (claps his hands together and does a cheerleading kick)
Me -- "Really?" (blushing and laughing) "Then what are you?"
Matt -- "I'm not a gusher, but if I was, I'd gush over you!"

Gusher.  I had never thought of it that way, but he is right.
I had to look the word up this morning because I wanted to make sure.

Gush (verb) -- (FYI, it's also a noun): to make an effusive display of affection or enthusiasm <an aunt gushing over a baby>; to say or write effusively

Sounds about right.

When I put it all together -- it makes sense.

To gush is to love, to be positive, to support and encourage.

I love to celebrate, I love to talk, I love to get excited for other people.

So, yes -- I'm a gusher. 

Love Luck Purpose is about gushing -- sharing and showing affection, being enthusiastic.  Saying and writing what's in our hearts.

Join me -- be a gusher!



No comments:

Post a Comment