Monday, February 4, 2013

New Month, New Goals: Part Two

February has arrived.   Turns out, it is my favorite month of the year.   February is filled with long weekends, signs of spring, days of love and... my birthday. I can't deny it, I love birthdays. Birthdays are always a good time to look forward to a new year. You know how people always say "This will be your best year yet!"  This year, I feel it. Waaaay down in my bones. But, let's just make through this new month.  Good ol' February.

January was a month for getting back on my feet, beginning the year stronger than I ended the last: Whittling away excess from my life, relaxing more than I thought humanly possibly and getting ready for what I expect to be one of the best years of my life. A lot of people take January to establish new beginnings & goals...but it takes time for those ideas to get implemented.

February will bring new ideas, new risks and a new motivation.  I am ready to hit the workouts hard again, I've taken a few month hiatus and now I have pulled my motivation back out of the dumpster. I am risking my emotions and loving every moment of it. And every day,  our Lucky '13ers are inspiring me. 

Spring is slowly beginning to peek its head back out in San Diego. My favorite flowers will begin appearing at the markets soon, tulips, bright reminders of hope and life.  The great thing about life is that there is always opportunity to start fresh, begin anew.  One day you can just decide it's time for a change and do it.  Or maybe it isn't even a change, it just a reboot. 

So whether you are blooming new buds of inspiration or digging back into your old roots, how are you starting again today? Make the choice to pick one small goal for the day, week or month and do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment