Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 12: New Month, New Goals

Today is day one of my long over-due fitness "challenge". No excuses, but I tend to be a huge "January 1st & back at the gym" failure. I am super proud of the progress I made on many other fronts this past month, but the excuses not to exercise can only last for so long.

Surprisingly, having given up caffeine and dairy no longer sucks. Really -- why be surprised?
It's not health food so it should not be a surprise that it did not make me feel healthy and energetic! I feel awesome and it made it so much easier to drag myself back to the gym. Buying a fun new pair of workout pants could not be a bad reason to exercise either!

You know what? I think I've actually missed the gym. I totally forgot how awesome my playlists are. It's actually good to be back -- there, I said it!

I am really happy that I made this commitment to myself and I am excited to see the results -- both mental and physical.

And as my new/old favorite workout song says -- "don't call it a comeback!"

No comments:

Post a Comment