Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Still 3 days behind -- learning to take care of myself....

I said that I would commit to blog for 5 more days -- 3 days ago!
At the moment, I'm laying in bed under a blanket and I did the same all day yesterday!

For someone like me, it's tough to do nothing. I realized yesterday, in the middle of crumpled Kleenex and empty glasses of juice, that doing nothing is actually doing something -- it's taking care of myself.

I spent a lot of my younger years taking care of others, staying as busy as possible, and never resting. I thought that stopping or slowing down meant failure. I had the cutest, tiniest apartment but I never really nested there.

Being sick should never be the only reason to slow down and take care of yourself, but it certainly does stop you in your tracks. It's a great reminder to take care of yourself and not rush through life.

Even though it's for a yucky reason, being at home is nice. I love this space, this place I have shared for over 9 years now with my hubby. It's comfortable, it's warm, it's home -- and it's teaching me to slow down and take care of myself.

What has helped you learn this lesson?



No comments:

Post a Comment